Thursday, May 21, 2020

The Doohickeries and What-nots of The Body

The Doohickeries and What-nots of The Body

Introduction

Did the "strange and quirky" title of this post intrigue you? Perfect. This project is focused on dissecting the process of a surgery widely known as a "C-Section." The origin of why this exists is due to a class I've taken called "Cure," the counterpart to our previous class "Disease." In Cure we've discussed a multitude of things, such as cell structure, what HeLa cells are, different types of surgeries, a lesson on anesthesia from a trained doctor, and a whole bunch of other topics during this class. It was an incredibly vast amount of information, all unique and different in its own way, yet all connected. With this newly possessed knowledge, we were challenged to go on our own and interview an anonymous person in order to conduct research on their surgery down to the very bone, from a step-by-step explanation to the cells that are tied to the surgery's process. The interview themselves had been made in order to pull additional insight on what's it like to have that operation done, and that's what makes this all the more special, buried below the information you could always just google but you didn't, is a one-of-a-kind insider on what it's like to have a C-Section. 
Now before you get to read the slideshow that has been conducted to enlighten you on the topic of C-Sections, this was created during the Coronavirus pandemic, but there'll be more on that later. Enjoy.




Conclusion

I'm a pretty sparing, honest, guy. Most of the time anyways. Lucky for you, that means you get a warning before you feel like you've just wasted your time. This conclusion is gonna be more focused on what I felt during the making of this project, how quarantine ruined my student working practices, this is basically just a rant about it. That's your warning, read ahead if you're feeling like you wanna read about a 16 year old ranting.

Quarantine itself has probably been the worst thing for me mentally, as it has put me in this mindset that I'm on break just about 24/7. I've wanted to be the one to prove myself through a crisis where motives are at an all time low by doing my work nicely and on time. In all honesty it has been a pain to get any work done. Before this all happened I got to school an hour early, and I used that time to literally finish any homework I had. I work better in the mornings from my experience, the sheer rush of adrenaline due to class being right around the corner, heart pumping, thoughts racing. Would that day be the day my teachers get to embarrass me for showing up with no work? It was a risky gamble and I loved every second of it. Quarantine stripped me of this sense of urgency, challenge of seeing what I could do with full drive in a short time. It has left me with none of that. This project took well over 3/4ish days passed its due date to finish. 
My sleep schedule has been ruined, and to further back up that claim, I'm typing the last bit of this project at 5 AM, class is at 9 AM. I feel no urgency, I could slack if I wanted to, but I chose not to because of my teacher being that push to get me around to finishing this. I appreciate it. What I don't appreciate is being locked up at home, where my mind and body is familiar and welcomed in the sense that I could roll myself up in my bed at literally any given moment. I'm alone with no one to pressure me but myself. It doesn't work for me. I hate it. The fate of my grades rests on whether or not I'll stop staring at my missing homework assignments pile up in front of me on the screen. I hate every second it. 

I hope to one day be able to laugh about the stupidity of what this quarantine was and all that happened in between. It just won't be soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Un Viaje Por Ecuador

 Un Viaje Por Ecuador SPANISH AP 2022 D.B 2022 Introduction Ever wanted to take a trip to something more tropical? Ever even been out of the...